I think as wireless, wearable internet access become ubiquitous, we are going to see consumer power re-assert itself in an unprecedented way. Imagine for example, CueCat (a technology previously with little purpose), except this time each barcode is cross-referenced with a moblog not only neatly containing everyone’s opinion of this product, but also its ethical/corruption index. These types of measurements would be made via decentralized adhoc smart mobs in conjunction with individual reputation systems. So, not only will you be able to vote with your pocketbook, but you will be able to make informed, even ethical consumer decisions based on people you trust. I can see this web-of-trust rapidly superseding top-heavy “consumer” capitalism, transforming it into a bottom-up grass-roots reputation based freed markets.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Flash MP3 Player
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
- Crashing Oil Prices Due to Emerging Solar Economy
- Unemployment, Artificial Scarcity and Radical Abundance
- Fourteen Known Mechanisms Involved in Aging—and What You Can Do about Them
- Nomadic Ecovillages
- Ted Nelson’s Take On Who Satoshi Nakamoto Is
- Bioluminescence Surfing
- Surf Teahupo‘o Roars To Life
- Mathematician Makes Astounding Prime Numbers Breakthrough
- Stigmergy in Action
- Participatory "value creation" Ecosystems by @ChristopherA https://t.co/adNfUuj1hl, Jun 22
- RT @Rainmaker1973: inside a 3D fractal https://t.co/W3coK62Hlw #ThursdayTrip https://t.co/1grWe8VRZL, Jun 22
- RT @WhalePanda: I published an article "I was wrong about Ethereum" $ETH #Bitcoin $crypto https://t.co/V6pVazYos5, Jun 13
- It makes no sense, and sense has a way of eventually correcting irrational market dynamics. https://t.co/aDi1OKv6WS, Jun 13
Friends & Kindred Spirits